A complete reference collection from over 50 publishers, powered by a network of cross-references that cut across topics, titles and publishers to provide answers - and new connections - in context.
Career Research (Reference Items)
Career Research Reference Items
The following are recommended Reference titles available from Steely Library
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Location: REF HB2595 .U58 1990x
Provides yearly profiles of jobs: salaries, education and training required, description of the work, etc.
- Career Books Related to Majors
Location: REF HF5381-5382.5
There are many books here discussing which careers suit particular majors.
- Resume Books
Location: REF HF5383
Many practical examples of resumes and cover letters.
- Interview and International Career Books
Location: REF HF5549.5
Information and tips about how to successfully interview for a job as well as careers abroad.
- Great Jobs for Liberal Arts Majors
Location: REF HF5382.5.U5 C252 2002
- Careers for Environmental Types & Others Who Respect the Earth
Location: REF HF5382 .F365 2002x
- Careers for Nonconformists: A Practical Guide to Finding and Developing a Career outside the Mainstream
Location: REF HF5381 .G9188 2000
- America’s Top 300 Jobs : A Complete Career Handbook
Location: REF HF5382 .A585 2000x
- Where the Jobs Are : The Hottest Careers for the 21st Century
Location: REF HF5382.75.U6 C66 2000x
- Handbook of Career Planning for Special Needs Students.
Location: REF HF5382.7 .H36 1997x
Steely Library phone number: 859.572.5457